Hi!

>> Secondly, I noticed that Python's PEPs are numbered, unlike PHP's
>> RFCs. Whilst they aren't quite the same thing, I wonder if this would
>> be useful, particularly since it provides a simple and unambiguous way
>> to refer to one, e.g. RFC 123 instead of "RFC on how to write an RFC".

Why have numbers if we can use URLs? URLs both uniquely identify the RFC
and suggest what they are about. Can you say what PEP 410 is about? How
about https://wiki.php.net/rfc/releaseprocess?

> If we do that, we should call them PHP RFCs (PRFCs?) instead, to avoid
> confusion with IETF RFCs, otherwise it may get confusing.

I have yet to meet one person who was confused when we talked about
generators RFC and thought we meant IETF RFC describing standards for
electrical generators in data centers.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/