> No date for 5.3 yet. Depends how development goes on the next version
> after 5.4. EOL announcements are in the release announcements. 5.2 EOL
> was announced here: http://www.php.net/archive/2010.php#id2010-07-22-1

Yes, I've seen that with release announcements often (but not always) a
(more or less concrete) statement was given for support, but the naming
is far from being consistent. For example, PHP 5.2 has multiple onces',
three in total.

Actually the questions I asked initially were born because of reading
those announcements.

So if I may summarize based on my own observations and your feedback:

 * PHP 5.0 has no EOL date (because there was never a release
           announcement with an EOL),
 * PHP 5.1 has one EOL date (2006-11-02 "Obsoletion"),
 * PHP 5.2 has three EOL dates (2010-07-22 "End Of Active Support";
           2010-12-09 and 2010-12-16 "End Of Support"),
 * PHP 5.3 has none yet (TBA) and
 * PHP 5.4 also has none yet even though the accepted release
           procedure[1] suggests it has to have one already
           (2015-03-01 "EOL").

Does this summary for EOL dates of 5.x versions reflect the current
status quo appropriately?

And what are the plans to practically introduce the accepted release
procedure? I ask because it is documented and announced to be voted
into order but the feedback you have given so far suggests it is not
for the End Of Life dates. So I think this can benefit from some
clarification, too.

Thank you for your ongoing support

-- hakre