Lester, you complain about practically everything being complicated/breaking
compatibility/not working with PHP 5.2. Why complain here? It doesn't help the
signal:noise ratio to moan about something which has no direct effect on you.

--
Sent from Samsung Mobile
Andrew Faulds

Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:

Yahav Gindi Bar wrote:
> Maybe I'm wrong when comparing with other languages and mainly with
> ASP.NET(C#) since they've used it for web proposes but I did saw many
> classes that used this feature and personally really like it.

If ASP is so good why is it loosing market share?
Personally I'm pulling all the ASP sites I've inherited to PHP simply because
the basic work flow in them is so bad.
And on some of the inherited PHP sites we have this peculiar concept of having
to write a 'controller' for a new page, and then another PHP file with the
content. But then am I 'old fashioned' using smarty, templating and storing all
the content in a database? This idea of 'controllers' and 'interfaces' does not
seem to produce a viable work flow to me, and certainly unravelling the code is
a pain :(

> I've suggested to improve the language itself with some of the features in
> runkit, not to copy and use it as is.

People don't use half of the facilities that PHP already has so why start
introducing concepts that make that even more difficult. Once again ... we need
to explain a lot better how to write 'good programs' using what is currently
available without loading the core down with even more eye candy that few
people
will ever understand fully. I'm still for stripping more stuff back to PECL and
coming up with a good 'old fashioned' simple beginners version of PHP to which
the eye candy only needs adding once one understands the basics ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL