On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Yahav Gindi Bar <g.b.ya...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I believe its a newbie question, but because I only replied to mails and
> didn't create any RFC page yet I wish to confirm.
>
> I wish to create an RFC page for a feature discussion, but I can't do it
> from the wiki page (think it's lack of permissions issue).
> I've looked at the mailing list logs and found that I need to get a wiki
> account (
>
> http://grokbase.com/t/php/php-internals/1248x3we5z/creating-an-rfc-do-i-need-to-be-blessed-somehow
> )
>
> Just wish to make sure its correct and the wiki account is the same as the
> SVN account (http://php.net/git-php.php <http://il.php.net/git-php.php>).
> BTW, though I've done that before (runkit discussion) - wish to ask if I
> can start the RFC discussion using mail without create an RFC page (in case
> that I cannot get an account right now).

This has come up a few times recently and I'm wondering if maybe we should
find a way to streamline this process a bit for people without wiki
accounts.  In your particular case, I can't grant privileges but I would be
happy to post it to the wiki on your behalf if you're unable to get your
own account for whatever reason.  :)

What if we devised some sort of web-based RFC form that included all of the
required sections?  That form could then just send a dump to Internals and
someone with wiki privs could then just copy/paste into a new wiki article.
 Thoughts?

--Kris