>> May be we should have something like

> >> array_delete_if($array, function($v, $k=null) { if ($v == 300) return
> true; })
> >
> > So array_filter?
>
> I'll use it or like for deleting, but the point of this thread is
> "intuitive function for deleting element(s)"
>
> array_delete($array, $value|callable)
>
> would be nicer for users, perhaps.

You are basically asking to alias array_filter with "array_delete". That is
a very slippery slope. I think array_filter is very a very obvious choice
to remove something from an array. The "filter" function/method is common
in functional languages (and functional frameworks like Underscore).

These are things developers just need to learn as part of development.
Really, this is entire thread should be on stack overflow, not internals.

--
Herman Radtke
hermanrad...@gmail.com | http://hermanradtke.com