On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 7:11 PM, Sherif Ramadan <theanomaly...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> It is problematic because that is what we choose to make it. Right now,  a
>> catchable fatal error is produced. That is problematic. ISO8601 is not
>> lossy nor is UTC. It can be taken by any other language and converted based
>> on the format itself.

I don't understand why that's problematic? The user wants to output a
formated date they should provide a format by calling
DateTime::format()... why do we have to assume the user will find
*any* standards we propose to be acceptable? As you can see everyone
here that uses it expects something slightly different. This request
makes no sense. Sorry.