Hi!

> I keep being told that there is nothing wrong with E_STRICT, and again
> someone
> has said that it does NOT cause crashes. I beg to differ here - IT DOES!

If you have a scenario where E_STRICT causes PHP to crash - please
submit a bug to bugs.php.net. If this is your application that is
malfunctioning and not PHP then you should fix your application. If you
have problems with that you can seek help on php-general or any other
forums out there. In any case, I don't see how screaming about it here
is going to lead to anything useful.

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/