On 12/09/12 11:15, Damien Tournoud wrote:
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Ivan Enderlin @ Hoa
<ivan.ender...@hoa-project.net> wrote:
Hello,

It is probably me but it seems like the build-in HTTP server does not well
support the HEAD method. Here is my following test case. First, the foo.php
file:

    <?php

    var_dump($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD']);
By definition, a HEAD request MUST NOT return a message-body.
Oh grrr, I feel stupid now ;-). I forget this.

This works as expected:

<?php
header("X-Request-Method: " . $_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"]);
?>

Here is how it works: main/SAPI.c has code that set
SG(request_info).headers_only = 1 for HEAD requests, and as a
consequence php_request_shutdown() does not flush the output buffer
(if any) to the client.
Ok.

You can force a body to be sent (but that's
likely not going to work with every SAPI) by not having an output
buffer or by calling ob_end_flush() yourself.
Yes but that was not my goal.

Thank you for your reply :-).

--
Ivan Enderlin
Developer of Hoa

PhD. student at DISC/Femto-ST (Vesontio) and INRIA (Cassis)
http://disc.univ-fcomte.fr/ and http://www.inria.fr/

Member of HTML and WebApps Working Group of W3C
http://w3.org/