Hi,

I was asked in a private email that it is true or not that *anybody* can
create an RFC.
As this isn't the first time to see that question I think that we could
document that a little bit clearly.
Here is how I responded to the question, and maybe we could improve on it
and put that somewhere in the wiki so we can point these kind of questions
there for the future.

Anybody can propose an RFC, here are the necessary steps:

   1. register a wiki account at https://wiki.php.net/start?do=register
   2. send an email to php-webmas...@lists.php.net for requesting rfc karma
   for your wiki account
   3. log in with your wiki account and navigate to
   https://wiki.php.net/rfc/my_rfc and push the Create this page button,
   fill out the template and save
   4. edit https://wiki.php.net/rfc to link your rfc under the appropriate
   status
   5. when you think your rfc is ready for discussion, send an email to the
   internals@lists.php.net mailing list introducing your RFC
   6. listen to the feedback, and try to answer/resolve then and update
   your RFC to reflect those issues
   7. if the discussion ended (or if you really want to bring it to voting
   and the minimal amount of discussion period stated on
   https://wiki.php.net/rfc/voting#discussion_period was reached) then you
   can move your RFC to voting:
      1. update your rfc page to voting status and add the doodle voting
      macro for example <doodletitle="Should the current array_part()
      implementation be merged" auth="cataphract" voteType="single"
      closed="False">* Yes* No</doodle>
      2. move your rfc on the https://wiki.php.net/rfc to voting
      3. send am email to the internals@lists.php.net with a [VOTE] in the
      subject where your announce the start of the voting for your RFC (see
      https://wiki.php.net/rfc/voting#voting for more details)
   8. Based on the result of the votes and the discussion there are three
   possible outcomes:
      1. Your rfc is accepted, update that on your rfc page and on the
      https://wiki.php.net/rfc page.
      2. Your rfc is declined , update that on your rfc page and on the
      https://wiki.php.net/rfc page
      3. Some serious issue came up with your rfc which needs to be
      addressed first, your rfc goes back to Under discussion, update that on
      your rfc page and on the https://wiki.php.net/rfc page and continue
      from point 6.

Step 1 and 2 only required if you don't have a vcs account for php.net, as
the php developers can already log on with their account and have
the necessary wiki karma to create RFCs.

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu