On 24/09/12 20:09, Andrew Faulds wrote:
On 21/09/12 12:05, Ivan Enderlin @ Hoa wrote:
Hello,

If PHP receives a HTTP request with the method POST and with the header Content-Type: application/x-www-form-encoded, then, it automatically parses the request body to populate an array in $_POST. If the Content-Type is different (e.g. text/plain or application/json), the request body is reachable by reading php://input. Well, it is ok.

But is there any plans to consider application/json by parsing the request body and populate the result in $_POST (with the help of json_decode() maybe)?
I think perhaps that's the wrong approach. It's valid JSON to have a list literal at the top level as well, I think. Perhaps we should introduce a new $_JSON variable or some such thing? $_BODY?
$_BODY === php://input.

--
Ivan Enderlin
Developer of Hoa

PhD. student at DISC/Femto-ST (Vesontio) and INRIA (Cassis)
http://disc.univ-fcomte.fr/ and http://www.inria.fr/

Member of HTML and WebApps Working Group of W3C
http://w3.org/