Hi!

> object. When running `make test` I found that we already have a test for
> the serialize/unserialize of DateTimeZone. The test checks that we are
> _not_ able to serialize/unserialize the DateTimeZone object:
> https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/PHP-5.4/ext/date/tests/DateTimeZone_serialize.phpt
>
> Is the test correct or do we want to be able to serialize/unserialize
> DateTimeZone? If the test is correct, why do we not want to be able to
> serialize/unserialize DateTimeZone objects?

We want it to be serializable. This test probably should have been XFAIL
test instead, but in general it's kind of hard to test for code that
doesn't work, so I guess it was instead made to test the current state
of the code.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/