2012/10/20 Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com>

> Could you maybe explain where exactly "const" would be used?

Well "const" and "read-only" have the exact same meaning. You can replace
one by the other. So why create a new keyword?

> Please
> don't forget that we do not use your "foo:bar" syntax, so where would
> the "const" go with the currently used syntax?

Don't be rude. It's not a "foo:bar" syntax sent no matter how on this
mailing-list. It was an argumented RFC proposal, with an associated patch
(but yeah, who cares?).
If you want to give it a silly nickname, I'd prefer "public:private".  :-)

The RFC was:
    public read-only $a {
        get { return $this->_a; }
    }

It could be:
    public const $a {
        get { return $this->_a; }
    }

Is it so different that it needs a new keyword?