Hi!

> Is there another class of error that would make more sense?  Don't most
> people turn off E_NOTICE errors?  Perhaps emit an E_STRICT?

I always run with E_NOTICE in development, that's kind of what E_NOTICE
is for :) I don't think isset() should produce any warnings/notices -
this is how it is now in PHP. Otherwise there's no point in having
isset() operation - you can check for NULL with read, whole point of
isset() is that you're checking both for read legality and read result,
and it's guaranteed not to be issuing warnings if this variable doesn't
exist (while reading may issue warnings).
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/