On Nov 5, 2012, at 8:55 AM, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> On 11/05/2012 08:41 AM, Jean-Sébastien Hedde wrote:
>> On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 08:04:06 -0800, Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@lerdorf.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I think the documentation is wrong on that. In Unicode mode [[:alnum:]]
>>> actually becomes \p{Xan} which should match Unicode chars as well, but
>>> only if PCRE was compiled with Unicode support. So I suspect you don't
>>> actually have a Unicode-capable PCRE build in some cases there.
>>>
>>> -Rasmus
>>
>> I will report the bug to the package maintainers (remi, debian too...).
>>
>> Is there anyway for us to avoid those "wrong" builds ?
>
> I don't see how.

Hi geeks,

Does anyone have a suggestion on how the documentation should be
updated? The quote is from here:

  http://php.net/manual/en/regexp.reference.character-classes.php

With the quote being:

  "In UTF-8 mode, characters with values greater than 128 do
   not match any of the POSIX character classes."

A few simple/related facts:

  - PCRE_UCP exists as of PCRE 8.10
  - Gustavo mentioned the related PHP change on Oct 3, 2010 (not sure
    what PHP version, and googling for "87a237342" turns up empty,
    and I miss SVN version numbers)

Anyway, how should this be documented?

Regards,
Philip