On 12 November 2012 22:01, jpauli <jpa...@php.net> wrote:
> Well, I think we can communicate, then educate people so that they
> dont use ext/mysql any more.
> It will take the time needed, but if we want this move to come up, we
> need to start it. Doing nothing about it, things wont move.
>
> I like educating through the documentation / through conferences, then
> through the code, using the designed-for-that E_DEPRECATED , then
> removing the extension.
> It may take years, but such a project should be clear to everybody
> (RFC), accepted, and started :)

I agree, but I feel as though we started this process last year.
(Informally, really, we'd been doing it for a while before that.)

It may or may not be too early to attach E_DEPRECATED to
mysql_connect() — that's why I'm asking. Obviously, I think it's a
reasonable time, personally, but fortunately for everyone, I'm not the
arbiter of what goes into PHP.

Adam, who promises not to reply to any other e-mails until tomorrow.
Mostly because it's nearing on bedtime.