I have just noticed that the current SPL inplementation of a
DoublyLinkedList does not include methods to insert nodes into the middle
of the list (insertBefore, insertAfter).

After mentioning it I ran into a few people and other outbursts on the
internet of more people who saw this and complained about it.

I found a bug from 2009 (https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=48358) which
mentions the case and has no Core response at all.

I ask two questions:

1) Why was this bug never replied to, is there some reason these methods
should not be implemented?

2) Is anyone willing to put up a patch for this? I imagine that if you are
familiar with C and PHP source this is a quick implementation as its
standard logic documented everywhere.

I'm not familiar enough with the PHP source to do this myself, hence I'm
asking for anyone willing to "champion" the patch.

Thanks!

--
Rafael Dohms
PHP Evangelist and Community Leader