Hi!

> What I wonder about in this thread: If we struggle here why not take
> the full step and abstract curl details comletely away and provide
> something like pecl/http by default instead?

curl extension is widely used. So suggesting we just throw it away makes
no sense to me. We need to fix this deficiency in the API, since it may
break applications and expose users to hard-to-track security holes. As
for developing other extensions and adding pecl/http by default, this is
a valid issue but I'd rather discuss it separately.

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/