Stas,

> I think this is way too much magic. This means default is no longer a
> default, but instead some obscure flag that somehow is carried over to
> the setter. I do not think redefining initialization as permitting nulls
> is a good idea, initialization and value set are two different things.

"Too much magic"? It's completely consistent with how method parameters
work now. In fact, I'd argue that introducing a new syntax for this would
be inconsistent with the current paradigm.

This becomes especially true if initializers are added, where the property
would be initialized to a non-null value. Hence adding the ability for it
to *never* actually *be* null in the first place...

Anthony