Hi!

> The first call to a getter would initiate the (calling) guard, any other
> access outside of the getter from that point forward would return NULL,
> but the access by the getter would return the property.

How we implement that? Would we have each variable access check whether
we are in the getter or not? We don't want to slow down regular property
accesses...

> It would stop the infinite loop, stop invalid access, the author could
> see where they've gone wrong (a warning could be emitted even) and we

Yes, I think we want to produce a notice or even warning there if we
return NULL as this is clearly a bug in the code and should not happen
in proper code.

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/