On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com>wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > Why does this need to be part of Reflection? Seems a rather odd place for
> > it IMHO, since it basically hard-codes the functionality into part of the
>
> Reflection is an odd place for functionality that describes attributes
> of classes, methods, properties, etc.? ITYM "natural place" - that's
> exactly what Reflection does.

This functionality parses doccomments and doccomments can be obtained
through various ways. Reflection is only one. Docblocks can just as well
come from parsing the files. If this would be tightly bound to the
reflection mechanisms then it would become useless for many applications,
e.g. phpDocumentor et al couldn't use this (if I'm not much mistaken).

Nikita