Hi!

On 8 January 2013 14:40, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Nicolai Scheer <nicolai.sch...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I agree, but what about pandora and the other file functions like
> unlink()
> > etc.? :)
> > They currently do not prevent such long and prefixed paths...
>
> A bug then, should be fixed. Yes, you don't want to hear that but... :-)

Could have guessed the answer ;)

> > And to my mind it is ok to let the user open the box (a little?) when he
> is
> > doing so on purpose.
> >
> > Unfortunately mouting directories is too unflexible for our use case...
>
> How so? can be easily automated for shared hosts and the likes.

We're developing a file system indexer. There's a huge folder structure and
we scan folders in parallel. The users mountpoints are way down the
structure (subfolder for department, team etc.). If the users reach
MAX_PATH, the scanner, using the whole path from root, exceeds MAX_PATH.
We'd need to adjust a lot of code in order to be able to work on mounts
instead of the direct path, and it's not trivial to parallelize this. Of
course it could be done, but I searched for an easier way...

Do you have any advice how I can move lill' pandora to an extension? Of
course I might copy the complete simple_file_wrapper, but I'd rather not do
it that way... I did not find any "add standard stream context
option"-stuff in the API...

Thanks!

Greetings

Nico