Heya,

Actually, annotations became a form of configuration, very powerful when
dealing with AOP and metadata. Very useful when your classes are tightly
coupled with config. If you never came to use them or never felt the need
to use them, fine.

But I wouldn't call it "further complexity without a real need" :)

Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://ocramius.github.com/