To summarize:

A native implementation of PHP-DOC block parser for run-time purposes
(annotation libraries) is already available in the Reflection API, and
already goes as deep as it needs to - going beyond simply finding and
extracting the docblocks would make little sense, as every annotation
library has it's own individual syntax, behaviors and features. There may
be a some libraries that could use a native implementation if it happens to
fit their needs, but they most likely won't use it, because (A) they won't
win anything by doing so, and (B) these libraries would become incompatible
with anything other than bleeding-edge PHP.

A native implementation of PHP-DOC parser for offline purposes
(documentation generators) is already available in userland, does the job
fine, and does not rely on the Reflection API (as someone mentioned)
because loading every class in a large codebase is not feasible. If you
provide a separate PHP-DOC parser, these projects most likely won't use it,
because (A) see above and (B) see above.

Who else would need to parse PHP-DOC blocks and why?

Bottom line, who is this feature for, what will they do with it, and most
importantly, why would they use it?