On 01/24/2013 10:47 AM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
So here I am once again trying to build PHP 5.4.11 on a Solaris 10 server
with the following configure options :

So I think that I should be okay.  Do I need to upgrade to curl
7.28.2 and then try building PHP 5.4.11 or am I sort of stuck here
at 5.4.9 ?

The ext/curl/interface.c diffs between 5.4.9 and 5.4.11 don't seem
compiler or libcurl unfriendly.  Since the compiler messages don't
give a clear compile failure, I can't guess what went wrong.

I compiled 5.4.11 with gcc and libcurl 7.21.2 on Solaris 11.1 without
an issue.

Maybe more regular Solaris users like Johannes or David (aka "dsp". Ex
Sun, and who wrote
http://blog.experimentalworks.net/2012/05/canonical-way-to-build-php-5-4-on-solaris-11/)
can guess at the issue.)

If you drop the 5.4.9 ext/curl code into your 5.4.11 directory tree
what happens?  Are you hitting something unrelated in the build
process?

Chris

--
christopher.jo...@oracle.com  http://twitter.com/ghrd