Am 12.02.2013 12:51, schrieb Asbjørn Sannes:

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/mysqlnd_localhost_override

I propose we introduce a new option called mysqlnd.localhost_override
which enables a system administrator or php distributor to configure how
localhost should be overridden.

"localhost" meaning is a MySQL legacy (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/connecting.html). I am no big fan of redefining the meaning of a standard MySQL legacy setting at library level as it will confuse many users.

Why are the existing API level configuration settings mysqli.default_socket respectively pdo_mysql.default_socket not enough?

php -d mysqli.default_socket="/tmp/mysql56.sock" -r '$mysqli = new mysqli("localhost", "root"); var_dump($mysqli);'

Ulf