Pierre Joye in php.internals (Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:09:57 +0100):
>Yes, this bug is fixed in master, I submitter the PR earlier today.

OK. It builds now.

>> I also tried to compile it as a normal extension (in PHP 5.4 and PHP
>> 5.5). The standard Windows (VC9) build script tries to make
>> php_ZendOptimizerPlus.dll in stead of ZendOptimizerPlus.dll. Are there
>> any tweaks needed in configure.js or something like that to make it part
>> of the normal build routine?
>
>Updating your tree should do it.

It still builds php_ZendOptimizerPlus.dll but that might be because I
added --enable-optimizer-plus=shared to my configure options. I like to
show in my configure line all the extensions I compile in one pass ;-)
I will see what happens if I leave that out.

Anyway, I suppose adding this to my php.ini will work as well:
zend_extension=ext/php_ZendOptimizerPlus.dll

Jan