On 02/21/2013 03:02 AM, Florian Anderiasch wrote:
On 02/21/2013 08:14 AM, Pierre Joye wrote:

I do not have a single doubt. Why? Surveys are one of many ways to get
feedback. They have no contracting values but give us some numbers about
one rfc or another. That may help us to focus on one feature instead of
another if we see a large number of users looking forward to it.

You'll never get perfect results, but I prefer results at all over none :)

There have been a lot of those for other languages:

-
http://cemerick.com/2012/08/06/results-of-the-2012-state-of-clojure-survey/
- http://survey.perlfoundation.org/
- http://survey.hamptoncatlin.com/

For the mail archives, there are also these (more focused) reports:

http://static.zend.com/topics/zend-developer-pulse-survey-report-Q2-2012-0612-EN.pdf

http://downloads.zend.com/guides/whitepapers/State_of_PHP_in_the_Enterprise_061212.pdf

Chris

--