On 02/25/2013 02:43 PM, Nils Andre wrote:
> strings. Not going too much into details here, many programmes always have
> to look up the function definition because very similar functions have
> their parameters in different orders or simply don't act in a predictive,
> well-structured manner. This article is a good read to sum it up:

Hi,
"not going too much into details here"

First, [lease do go into details, this is exactly what it is about.
I can'tpeven begin to fathom what you think autoboxing has to do with
variable order on string functions.

Second, that article might be a lot of things, but "summary" is surely
the worst way to describe it. "Semi-complete, semi-outdated rant
covering every current and past flaw in PHP" might be a better one.

And lastly, if you're suggesting a "startsWith" method on a proposed
String Object, that still has nothing to do with an Autoboxing RFC -
it's step 2 or 3 after the language would have Autoboxing.

Greetings,
Florian