Hi!

> You may use recursive functions (which are limited by the memory_limit),
> but if you use recursive magics, it's a design error. This is not the purpose
> of magics (, call_user_func(_array)?) and simply an abuse of the language.

I think you are confusing magic functions with internal functions and
functions being called from internal functions. These are different
things. Looking at your patch, you are changing zend_call_function,
which can be called in many situations, every time engine code calls any
function which is not from a userspace context (i.e. PHP code). Limiting
it to any arbitrary number can (and does) break code, that's why it
wasn't done (it's not like it wasn't knows for years) and there are
extensions - like xdebug - which do introduce such limits. In any case,
100 is way, way too low.

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/