Raymond Irving in php.internals (Thu, 28 Feb 2013 13:56:11 -0500):
>I'm very sure users will not complain if 5.5 is delayed for a few months.
>Most websites will not be installing 5.5 immediately after it has been
>released.

On the contrary: many users will welcome it because it delays the EOL of
PHP 5.3 as well. The outcome of a previous vote was that PHP 5.3 would
become unsupported within, say, 14 months from now. An unbelievable
short time frame given the fact that many sites did not even migrate to
PHP 5.3.

JAn