Hi!

> Shouldn't this fail a little bit more obvious (-> "loud")? And how is
> this even possible?

Well, for example - __unset is required to do X before unsetting
variable but X fails for one reason or another and the logic dictates
that you can not unset unless X is done (for a real life example, try
exiting an app like word processor with content unsaved and when it asks
you to save/discard/cancel, click on cancel. Bingo - unset interrupted :).

>     or there was
>     nothing to unset (i.e., it is still not set)?
>

> So I guess this is the only useful behaviour. However, I have no idea,

This behavior is already covered by isset, why duplicate it? If - and I
have no idea why - you cared if the variable was set or not, why not
just do isset?

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/