Hi

Den 11/03/2013 kl. 13.55 skrev Eric James Michael Ritz <lobbyjo...@gmail.com>:

> Thanks for the idea.  Checking for brackets would work but not
> whitespace since PHP allows programmers to write code such as
>
>    echo $this->  parent;        // Same as $this->

Technically "parent" and "self" is not keywords, they are implemented as
T_STRING. These are only used as keywords when the next non whitespace token is
a double colon, like:

self::$property->...

So I would continue reading until the next token and decide from there if its
used in a "keyword-context" or not to decide its syntax highlight color.

-K