Hi all,

I wish to propose the addition of a set of PHP functions that would interface
with the OpenQM multivalue database product in much
the same way as PHP already has interfaces to other databases.

We have a Linux implementation written by one of our business partners as an
extension that utilises the QMClient API library. The
steps required to integrate this extension with the current release of PHP are
often off-putting to users of our product as it
requires skills that they may not possess. We also have a need for this same
API to be available on Windows and other platforms.

We receive frequent requests from our customers for this extension to PHP.
There is a genuine market need for it. The developer who
produced the current extension has expressed willingness to do the necessary
implementation work.

For those not familiar with multivalue databases, the technology has been
around for a long time but is becoming much more relevant
with the growing NoSQL movement and the need for "big data" in modern
applications. Multivalue massively simplifies database design
and reduces development times. The technology is used by many of the world's
largest and most successful businesses.

Adding an API for the OpenQM multivalue database would, we believe, bring
together two strong technologies and make PHP even more
attractive to users who need to develop web based database applications.

Martin Phillips
Ladybridge Systems Ltd
17b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton NN4 6DB, England
+44 (0)1604-709200

www.openqm.com