On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 11:21 PM, Yasuo Ohgaki <yohg...@ohgaki.net> wrote:

> Hi Sherif,
>
> 2013/7/18 Sherif Ramadan <theanomaly...@gmail.com>
>
>> First off, thanks for all the hard work. PRs aren't getting as much
>> attention as they should, and I'd like to say that I certainly haven't
>> been
>> helping as much as I should with them.
>>

> We may have bugs ML and PR ML so that any discussion, then it may
> have more attentions.
>
> Bugs ML may have too many mails, but PR ML would have much less mails.
> It may be good idea that redirect PR discussion to internals, if it is
> possible.

Well, some people may not be paying attention to the discussion on github
about certain PRs and that's OK. Some people may not fully understand or
have enough knowledge in one particular area to be able to help with that
PR. Perfectly fine.

However, I don't think that THIS is the reason PRs aren't getting their
fair share of attention, honestly. For example, look at the oldest PR
sitting around for over a year now
https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/15 plenty
of discussion there. Lots of criticism, suggestions, etc... All of that is
wonderful. People are participating!

Then all of a sudden the people involved in the discussion seem to
mysteriously disappear and nothing happens to the PR. It just sits in limbo
indefinitely. This is not the only PR I've seen follow this pattern.

I assure you the discussion on github and the mailing lists are not the
reason we've got stagnate PRs.