Hi!

> Just to say : one benefit of this work would be to finally have autoload
> functionnality (which is a Core feature IMO) included in Zend/ and no more
> in an extension.

PHP core already has autoload functionality. And I don't see how with
function autoloading (which has no natural mapping at all) it is even
possible to have any mapping worth including into core as a standard.
Most functional code I've seen isn't even namespaced, and if you already
convert old code to namespaces and need autoloading, you could as well
wrap it in a class - I don't see why it's not possible.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/