Hi!

> Assuming you mean call_user_func_array, yes. This is just syntax sugar
> for call_user_func_array. Advantages of this syntax over cufa are
> outlined here:
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/argument_unpacking#advantages_over_call_user_func_array

The only case that I see that could make sense is $db->query($query,
...$params).

Multiple unpackings make no sense to me, as it is impossible to know
which argument ends up where and no corresponding syntax exists on
function side. Also, no other language as far as I can see allows it.

Also, I just noticed the RFC  tries to sneak in the exception throwing
in the syntax construct, which we agreed not to do a long time ago and
which was never done in the engine. We shouldn't do this - if you want
to change PHP error handling, it should be in separate RFC for this
purpose.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/