Hi!

> there has been some chatter about windows.php.net, which drives me to
> the question: Do we need that site? Why and for what?

Since windows support in PHP is a bit different from Unix systems -
unlike all other systems, we provide official binaries - I think having
separate domain for it is fine. But I think the from page for it should
be made to sync with news at php.net, at leat, if not add
windows-specific context.

Not sure about the downloads - some things may be more complicated
legal-wise if we distribute built binaries from the mirrors which may
link to other libraries that are not part of what we have on php.net.

So I'd go for fixing what is broken and not fixing what isn't :)
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/