Hi!

> I think this doesn't really help readability. Right now you should
> implement functions with many options with an $options array.

I don't understand. Who says I should do that? I certainly don't see how
I should.

> If we want to change something here, we should skip this step and go
> right for named arguments. I think I'll give implementing them a try.

If you are ready to present named args proposal for 5.6, fine. But if
not, I think denying obviously requested feature (see links for requests
in the RFC) because some "pie in the sky" consideration is completely wrong.

I must say it seems a little strange for me given current stream of
"because we can" syntax additions proposed to reject something that has
been asked for by real people for years just because sometime in the
future we might or might not have something that may do a similar thing
in different way.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/