On Wed, 2013-09-11 at 09:16 -0600, Levi Morrison wrote:
> > Yes, I know those sites, but don't you think that internals is a different
> > kind of a discussion? First of all, the volume is different. We get two
> > obvious trolls a day? Meh. On the other hand, I could downvote a person
> > that has a different opinion than I do.
> >

> I think that it could be useful for the RFC process mainly. Sometimes
> someone will dominate a discussion but if they are doing so against the
> popular opinion on an issue it would significantly lower the impact of the
> dominator in a voting system.

Then stop arguing with the person.

And mind: A voting system does not help the ones interested in it as
they are early before many votes are there.
And then votes are unqualified -- a single "-1" doesn't tell much.

Arguments should be summarized in the RFC, ideally there is no reason to
read the full thread afterwards.

johannes