Hi!

> After consulting with Anthony about this, the RFC and patch have been
> updated to disallow booleans for int, float, numeric and string type
> hints. The conversions table now looks like this:

This makes very little sense, 0 means the same as false is in many
contexts in PHP and also in many languages. Having random arcane rules
would only make the users curse us every time they get tripped by them.
I call everybody to vote against this RFC - it's better not to have such
thing at all then to promise our users improvement only for them to
discover this improvement is fraught with inconsistent arbitrary rules
that do not match what the rest of the language is doing - even within
the same context of the function call. I can see no uniting principle
behind this table, which is randomly strict and randomly non-strict
without connection to the rest of PHP. I do not think it is the right
thing to have such thing in the language, even if it would help
somebody's particular use-case.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/