Hi!

> The way voting works now, I happen to know which option is "winning".  I
> happened to know that *before* I cast my vote.  The current results are
> posted on the RFC, and the same information percolated into emails
> encouraging folks to vote. I wonder, though, if knowing which was "leading"
> and who chose which "side" affected my vote....

If you're not sure which side is right and you just want to side with
one that is currently winning, then why vote at all? It is currently
winning in any case, so your vote is not required, and you obviously not
sure which option is right anyway.

> I propose that a poll's results tabulation be hidden until after the poll

We already discussed it, and it was rejected.

> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwagon_effect>.  Otherwise, how do we know
> the vote reflects just the presented arguments instead of the arguments
> *and* the weight of popularity?

If you are not sure if you understand the matter enough to have an
informed opinion and not just jump on the bandwagon, please refrain from
voting.

Thanks,
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect