Hello internals!

I have almost completed a SAPI, that allows NodeJS scripters to enable PHP from
within their HTTP servers.

Originally, I wanted to write this extension just for my own use, but as I see
the many „dirty“ hacks that people use to run PHP inside their http server, I
decided to make this extension more available, once its done and working.

However, the build process is a bit complicated, as it plays between worlds;
the autoconf based PHP build system and the GYP driven node extension build
system. So far, I am working on the first solution: Building the extension
using PHP’s build mechanism.

As I know the procedure for building nodejs addons by their commands, I’d just
need to add a custom action/rule to the build, that builds a static
library/bundle with .node as file extension isntead of the usual .so/.dll.

How do I do that? Its two C++ files (tinythread.cpp, v8php.cc) that need to be
compiled. v8php.cc houses the entire SAPI code as well as the nodejs bindings.

And as a side note: When the user has previously built PHP with ZTS and
Embed-SAPI, so that libphp5 is built, can they just link a SAPI against that? I
see that php-config lists the SAPIs, and I wondered if there is a generated
file that lists/depends on all the SAPIs.

Kind regards,
Ingwie