Hi internals,

I was sifting through the bucket o’ bugs and found these two related issues:
https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=67829
https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=54162 (closed)

They concern the behaviour of the engine when a class defines no constructor or
if the class to be instantiated doesn’t exist, which can be seen here:
http://3v4l.org/jOQY0

This is obviously a design decision, but doesn’t seem to have a mention in the
documentation nor the spec (I couldn’t find it under the ‘new’ operator).

I can add a paragraph in the documentation for it; the question is whether it
should also be added to the spec, seeing how HHVM and PHP behave differently in
this respect? It could be added as implementation dependent behaviour I suppose?

— @datibbaw