Good evening,

I’ve given up on my plan B, so I’m putting this RFC, finally, to a vote.

I would urge you to vote in favour. It is not going to please everyone, it is
after all a compromise proposal. However, I have tried my best to strike a
balance between complete weak typing and strict typing. If this passes, we will
finally have userland type specifiers for scalar types. It’s not perfect, but
I’d argue it’s far better than nothing.

Voting starts today, 2014-09-14, and ends in a week’s time, 2014-09-21.

Thanks!

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/scalar_type_hinting_with_cast#vote
--
Andrea Faulds