Hi!

> I clearly didn't google, it would be interesting to see comparisons of high
> speed PHP serialization libraries. I for one would be happy, in PHP 7, to
> break BC serialization syntax in favour of putting in a much faster
> serializer by default. Similar scenario to putting in Zend OpCache by
> default instead of APC.

Why break anything? If you need faster serializer, it's quite easy to
get one, including msgpack. If it is really an issue that is important
for people, we could include the package into core. But I don't see
breaking BC in serialize/unserialize as a big win here. If it's really a
bottleneck, a userspace package abstracting the specific serializer
function could be easily created - and most clients like sessions
already allow to switch serializers by configs. So BC break does not
seem to be warranted here.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/