On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 5:41 AM, Ferenc Kovacs <tyr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Julien Pauli <jpa...@php.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 3:24 PM, Ferenc Kovacs <tyr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > hi,
>> >
>> > I would prefer reverting the regression from 5.6.1, and I would be fine
>> > having the proper fix later on, but I think it would be nice if we
could
>> > keep that off from the stable branches until we can validate (feedback
from
>> > the Horde guys would be nice but it would really help a ton if we
could have
>> > tests for both the original problem this was intended to fix and for
the
>> > regression introduced while doing so) that the patch is now proper
(maybe
>> > keeping it in a pull request in the meanwhile).
>> > What do you think?
>>
>> For me its all right and safe.
>>
>> Next week we'll have 5.5.18RC1, which could contain the fix if it's
>> been validated and want to go for an RC stage.
>>
>> Julien.P
>

> FYI: I've tagged 5.6.1 and I had to revert the following commits for this:
> 372844918a318ad712e16f9ec636682424a65403
> f86b2193a483f56b0bd056570a0cdb57ebe66e2f
> 30a73658c63a91c413305a4c4d49882fda4dab3e
> 84a4041ba47e92e7a0ba03938d0ebf88b5fcf6cf
> 98e67add15a6b889efe152c23ed15a61f022a63a
>
> 98e67add15a6b889efe152c23ed15a61f022a63a and
30a73658c63a91c413305a4c4d49882fda4dab3e were merge commits with conflict
resolution

> Could you review that the current status of ext/openssl/xp_ssl.c is
proper in the tag?
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Ferenc Kovács
> @Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu

I will review and report back on the 5.6.1 later today. I've checked with
the horde folks and my recent uncommitted patch resolves any bugs (both old
and new). I plan to commit this for 5.4 and 5.5 today and then subsequently
merge these changes so they can appear in the next 5.6.2. Starting this
evening I will be travelling for the next seven days -- I can communicate
during this time but will likely be unable to write/submit any code.