On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Johannes Schlüter <johan...@schlueters.de>
wrote:

> On Tue, 2014-10-07 at 17:05 +0100, Mathias Grimm wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I would like to suggest something for php like a class I am using
> >
> > https://github.com/mathiasgrimm/arraypath
> >
> > The reason is to access arrays like this:
> >
> > $idx3 = ArrayPath::get('idx1/idx2/idx3', $_POST, 'myDefaultValue');
>
> what hppens if my array has a / as part of the key? Do I have to check
> that beforehand and set a custom identifier? So what happens if I use
> your example with $_GET instead of $_POST and a user requests
>    foo.php?idx1=idx2/idx3
>
> I'm not really convinced.

This request seems to be more in the realm of having XPath type support for
arrays, likewise people have also attempted to do this with JSON.  It does
seem like it could be valuable to some degree, however, I don't necessarily
believe it belongs in the core.  This seems much better for a PECL module
if necessary.

If the key has a / it would seem like you should escape it like a regular
string escape, aka "\/".  I'm not convinced this is something that is
necessary in PHP either.  There does not seem to be a great use case for
this use.