Hi
I've got an idea for php, but I'm not used to being out in the development environment for PHP / Apache....

I am a web developer in a full-time, but taught at the IT University of Copenhagen in the evening. And we are a small group of three who has been following idea, which we will work for 3 months, we will examine whether users and advertisers will be able to get something out of this. At the same time we would like to inquire us about others can see the idea.

_Ide__,____background__:_
A user on the mobile phone which is on a heavy website, during transport (bus, train) find that load up the sides alternately goes very fast or very slow depending on whether it is EDGE> 4G coverage. The user will probably leave the page if load time available is more than 4 seconds. Typical Web pages visited during transport news providers and web commerce, which typically makes use of advertisers and web TV.

The paradox is that the user on his mobile may have Internet speeds higher than typical fixed-lines, but also speeds are incredible much slower.
So one can not merely the device is, whether the rate is high or low.
(Eg. Via: https://code.google.com/p/php-mobile-detect/).
So to distinguish between a mobile phone and a computer does not solve this.
_
__Idea:_
The idea is that you can "get" the speed before the page header is set, and thus create either a full page or a lightweight hand. At very low speeds could be replaced images of text / color (with option-click), and at high speed could also be on the phone appears animated photos gallery, streaming commercials, etc..

In php you could have a variable, for example: $ _SERVER ['CLIENT_SPEED'].
In practice, probably weighted values​ ​, for example the mean of ployed in the last 300 seconds to user does not experience the sharp up / down .....

Php should then get the value from Apache server ...?

*_We would be grateful_*
Can anybody follow our idea? We, as a group mighty like a response to this.
If anyone has some general ideas for possible solution, it would be funand helpfull, but our current project, however, only reveal whether the idea is workable. If you know other people who would be more obvious to submit it to, we would be grateful to you forwarded or disclosed to who it could be.

with best regards
Uve Vesterbrandt
Dyssevænget 65
2700  Brønshøj