Hi Nikita,

On Wed, October 22, 2014 19:44, Nikita Popov wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 5:56 PM, Anatol Belski <a...@php.net> wrote:
>

>> Commit:    a5e4f1f598f3a53e5793d290619806b41f1f1380
>> Author:    Anatol Belski <a...@php.net>         Wed, 22 Oct 2014 17:27:33
>> +0200
>> Parents:   cccd538512c3d345a73eeb5f1cc29643a1bb2715
>> Branches:  master
>>

>> Link:
>> http://git.php.net/?p=php-src.git;a=commitdiff;h=a5e4f1f598f3a53e5793d29
>> 0619806b41f1f1380
>>

>> Log:
>> fix several datatype mismatches
>>
>> Changed paths:
>> M  Zend/zend_API.h
>> M  ext/standard/basic_functions.c
>> M  ext/standard/basic_functions.h
>>

> Rather than adding casts, shouldn't the add_* functions be changed to
> accept size_t lengths?
>
> Nikita

I just remember we was talking that variable names and array keys aren't
expected to be that long, so stayed by that approach. Actually some casts
would be needed if it's done the other way round, for instance if such a
thing would need to be saved into some struct or so.

But actually it can be done either way. From the perf perspective both
ways are not an issue, anyway. Do you think we should do that?

Regards

Anatol