Hi!

> The behaviour of PHP is ABSOLUTELY in compliance with the RFC 6265.
> Setting two headers may not follow best practice but it is conformant,
> and it is only doing what the users PHP script told it to do.

I think I agree here - we're providing a low level API, and if somebody
uses this API in a manner contrary to best practices, it's on them, but
as long as it is not prohibited by the RFC, we should support this
behavior in case the users have good reasons to do this. Yes, in 99% of
cases it would not be a good reason - that's why it is not the best
practice - but as it is not prohibited, there would be valid 1% of cases
where it is required by the user.

As I see now, the behavior of following user instructions does not break
anything, right? It just allows the user to do something that the RFC
says he SHOULD NOT do. But I don't think this is a priority to enforce
best practices in a low level API, risking breaking BC and causing
trouble. If there's a case for higher level API enforcing the best
practices, fine, HTTP classes (like pecl/http ones) or frameworks can
always handle this.

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/